|| "The City With a Heart"
Rico E. Medina, Mayor
Tom Hamilton, Vice Mayor
Sandy Alvarez, Councilmember, District 1
Marty Medina, Councilmember, District 4
Michael Salazar, Councilmember
SAN BRUNO CITY COUNCIL REGULAR MEETING
February 14, 2023
Consistent with Government Code Section 54953(e), this meeting will be held both in person and virtually. City Councilmembers and members of the public may attend in person at the San Bruno Senior Center, or by teleconference, via Zoom or telephone. The meeting will be livestreamed at youtube.com/CityofSanBruno and available on CityNet Services local Channel 1 SD | local Channel 10 HD.
PUBLIC COMMENT: In person attendees who want to provide public comment, will be asked to fill out a speaker card and turn it into the City Clerk. Virtual attendees can comment by using the “Raise Hand” feature in Zoom to request to speak. For dial-in comments press *9 to “Raise Hand” and *6 to unmute. Public comment may also be emailed to [email protected]. Comments received via email will not be read aloud during the meeting.
ACCESSIBILITY: In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, individuals requiring special accommodations or modifications to participate in this meeting should contact the City Clerk’s Office 48 hours prior to the meeting at (650) 616-7061 or [email protected].
Receive Construction Update on the New Recreation and Aquatic Center Project
Approve Accounts Payable for January 23, 2023, January 30, 2023 and February 6, 2023
Accept Payroll for January 15, 2023 and January 29, 2023
Approve Investment Report Dated December 31, 2022 and Reconciliation of General Ledger to Bank Report Dated December 31, 2022
Adopt Resolution Declaring the Continued State of Local Emergency and Need for the City Council and Other Legislative Bodies Subject to the Ralph M. Brown Act to Continue to Teleconference in Order to Ensure the Health and Safety of the Public Pursuant to AB 361
Adopt Resolution of the City Council of the City of San Bruno Acknowledging Receipt of the Annual Inspection of Certain Occupancies Pursuant to Section 13146.2 and 13146.3 of the California Health and Safety Code
Receive Written Update on the City’s Response Efforts to COVID-19
Adopt Resolution Accepting the Sidewalk Repair Contract as Complete, Authorizing the Filing of Notice of Completion with the San Mateo County Recorder’s Office, and Authorizing Release of the Construction Contract Retention in the Amount of $27,967.72
Receive Written Update on the City’s Response Efforts to the Late 2022/Early 2023 Winter Storms
Adopt Resolution Adopting the Safe Routes to School Plan
- Approving the Design;
- Authorizing the City Manager to Execute a Construction Contract with Interstate Grading & Paving, Inc. for the Transit Corridor Pedestrian Connection Improvements Phase IV Project Located at the Intersection of San Bruno Avenue and Green Avenue in an Amount Not to Exceed $399,533.00;
- Approving a Material Testing Agreement with Pavement Engineering, Inc. in an amount not to exceed $14,490.00;
- Approving a Construction Contingency of $60,000.00;
- Appropriating $80,000.00 from Measure A; and
- Approving a Total Project Budget in the Amount of Approximately $602,000.00
Introduce, Read by Title Only, and Waive Further Reading of an Ordinance of the City of San Bruno Amending Title 3 (Revenue and Finance) of the Municipal Code to Increase the Tax Imposed on Cannabis Businesses
Receive Report and Confirm Appointment of City Councilmembers to City Council Subcommittees
- Request That the City Consider Pursing an Age Friendly Certificate From the American Association of Retired Persons (AARP) in Partnership With the Center for Age Friendly Excellence (Cafe), Which Has a Grant From San Mateo County to Help Cities to Become Age Friendly Certified
- Acknowledge the Collaborative School Safety Training Event Between the San Bruno Park School District, the San Bruno Fire Department, and the San Bruno Police Department
- Request to Fly the Ukrainian Flag at City Hall in Observance of the “Anniversary” of the One Year War